What is your return policy?
All custom sales are final. Please inspect your product as soon as it arrives. If your product is defective please contact us right away.
Does Name Tag World cover damaged packages?
Name Tag World is not liable for any damage that may be incurred during shipment.
We collect certain information to process your order and payment information. This information may be shared with a 3rd party contractor (such as our shipping department and their carriers and our accounting department/payment processing center) to complete your order.
Your information is never sold or shared to a 3rd party outside of our internal order process.
Does Name Tag World store my information?
We operate with encrypted, secure servers that store some of your information, including previous designs, orders, and contact information for order processing purposes. We never sell or distribute your information with any 3rd parties outside of our internal ordering process.
What is a “digital proof?”
A proof, or “mockup,” is a digital sample of what your name tag will look like. Before submitting your order, you are able to make changes as many times as you would like – free of charge. After approval, your digital proof/mockup is saved and “locked” to prevent any further changes. When ordered, all badges will use the same layout as the one displayed in the approved digital proof/mockup. This is what you will see just prior to placing your name tag order to confirm your design and order information.
What kind of images can I upload for my name tag?
.jpeg, .bmp, .tif, .gif, .png., and .pdf are all acceptable file types for imported artwork files. Images should be a minimum of 150 dpi. 72 dpi is also acceptable, but may print with pixelated edges, so use discretion.
YOUR ARTWORK WILL BE PRINTED EXACTLY AS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED IT.
If you do not have artwork prepared, we offer an extensive gallery of icons, graphics, patterns and more to create your own unique name tag from scratch online. We also offer a custom design service, there are fees for this service.
.ai, .pdf, and .png (vector) file types are preferred for custom design service orders.
***How do I get the best results with my uploaded artwork?***
1. Use a transparent .png, .gif, or .tif file for your logo if possible.
2. Keep your design about ¼” away from the edge. This keeps your design looking clean, and helps us print your order faster.
3. You may design your name tag so that any image you upload “bleeds” or “drops off” the edge; we recommend you still keep important elements (name, company logo) ¼” away from the edge to keep your design easy to read.
4. Please note that the color white will print as transparent on all uploaded artwork, allowing the nametag material to show through. To have white printed in your logo when printed on our dark-colored name tags, please upload a vector file (Adobe Illustrator/.ai file) at checkout.”
5. If you do not have a vector (.ai, .svg) file of your logo, but would like your logo to still show any white that may be in the design, please design your name tag on our white plastic or dry erase name tags for best results.
6. At checkout, upload any name lists you may have for orders with 2+ names (in .doc, .docx, .xls, .rtf formats) once you are finished designing.
7. If you would like us to design your name tag for you, we can create a custom design for $50. Please contact email@example.com to let us know what you are looking for.
8. For orders over 500 and access to large-run bulk pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does “dpi” mean?
Dpi means “Dots Per Inch,” and refers to the resolution or “crispness” of your artwork. The higher the dpi, the better the resolution, the more clean and precise the artwork will print.
Do I have to make my own design, or can someone design a name tag for me?
Our online builder makes it simple and fast to design your own name tag, but if you have something special in mind that you don’t already see on our site, our talented, experienced creative team is available to design the best name tag for your needs. We can design anything from the standard sizes on our website to fully custom shaped name tags. Get a custom design and quote for $50 minimum fee with our custom design service.
Just send an email to email@example.com with your name tag size, desired color(s), your name(s) and title(s) and contact information (phone number, e-mail, business name, and best time to contact you) and we will process your design within 1-3 business days.
Please note our design offices are open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday – Friday, and is closed Saturdays and Sundays.
Can I re-order name tags I’ve already created, or do I need to create them over again?
Our system stores your design(s) and previous orders for easy editing and ordering. When it comes time to re-order, you can choose to edit/change names and your design. If you have no changes to make at all, simply re-submit your order as-is to have it printed again.
I am designing a name tag with white text, but it is showing up transparent – what do I do?
Due to our printing process, we have to specially format white design elements on our name tags. Please make a note when you submit your order as to which element of your design you would like made white (name, title, logo, etc.), and we will adjust the design and send you a free digital proof (up to 3) showing your new design. Once approved, we will print that design.
I made a mistake on my design and have already ordered – what do I do?
Once approved, Name Tag World is not responsible for any incorrect information, formatting, or customer-imported image quality. Please check your saved design, make the adjustments you would like, and re-submit your order.
We strive for excellence in both our products and services, so if you need assistance, please call us at 1-800-733-0034.